FULL-CHARGE BOOKKEEPER/STAFF ACCOUNTANT
ChildRoots is a child-centric, family-focused provider of child care for infants through preschool-age children at six locations in the Portland area.
We’re looking for a Full-Charge Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant to assist ChildRoots’ Finance Director in all financial operations of the company!
This person will plan, organize, and manage ChildRoots’ accounting and payroll functions, interacting with students’ families, school Directors, and all members of the Management team. They will work 27 - 30 hours per week and report to the Finance Director.
To work with us, you must be enrolled in Oregon's Central Background Registry.
- 3-5 years of experience in full-cycle bookkeeping & payroll processing
- Proficient in QuickBooks Pro (3 years minimum experience)
- Highly knowledgable in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to prioritize and multi-task as a team player in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to complete tasks accurately and quickly with minimal supervision
- Able to interface well with staff and external contacts
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
TASKS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Full-cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly tuition invoices, remote and physical check deposits, tuition collections, and maintenance of customer enrollment and payment records
- Accounts Payable, including payments via check and credit card, and maintenance of vendor records
- Forecast cash needs and surpluses at the school and holding company level, recording movements of cash between accounts
- Bank reconciliations for multiple deposit accounts
- Balance sheet account reconciliations; review for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries as needed
- General ledger maintenance; post journal entries, reconcile inter-company accounts, and manage all other general ledger accounting
- Collect and transmit payroll information to payroll providers and record payroll information
- Collaborate with Human Resources to reconcile employee payroll and benefit information
- Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes
- Prepare weekly deposit and cash reports and monthly financial statements
- Prepare annual 1099s
- Assist with annual budget and audit processes
- Maintain required business documents and ensure proper document retention
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Finance Director
- Perform all functions in a manner consistent with the ChildRoots philosophy and in support of its mission and goals
HOW TO APPLY
Complete our online application, where you'll share your résumé and contact information for 3 personal references.
If you're a skilled professional who's also passionate about children and education, we can't wait to hear from you!
ChildRoots is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Last updated 03/08/2016 (JB)